SAVA, TEXAS. Sava, a farming community eight miles from Wills Point in Van Zandt County, had a post office from 1899 to 1903. The town may have been named by Mexican laborers who worked in R. H. Walker's gin and gristmill. The population of Sava was reported as twenty in 1890 and six in 1933. Two businesses operated there in 1940. Fifty residents were reported at Sava in 1945, the last year population figures were recorded for the community. Sava was not shown on county highway maps in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "SAVA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hts05), accessed December 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.