VICTOR, TEXAS. Victor, on Farm Road 2156 a mile south of Desdemona in western Erath County, was settled soon after the Civil War. J. W. Thornton and J. W. Wharton operated general stores in the community in 1890. Wharton was the first postmaster when the post office opened in 1890; the post office was discontinued in 1907. In 1947 the settlement of some fifty residents included a cemetery, a school, a church, and a store. After 1947 no further population figures were available. Only a cemetery remained at the site in the early 1990s.
Homer Stephen, Fragments of History: Erath County (Stephenville, Texas, 1966).