ASHBY, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)
ASHBY, TEXAS (Houston County). Ashby was a post office community twenty-two miles northeast of Crockett near the site of present Weches in northeastern Houston County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1872 until 1877; in the mid-1870s the community had a store and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ASHBY, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvaza), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.