BEADLE, TEXAS. Beadle was on the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway twelve miles southwest of Bay City in southwestern Matagorda County. The settlement was established in the early 1900s as an irrigated farm project managed by Levi E. Beadle. In 1910 it secured a post office with Beadle as postmaster. That year the Ashby Mill and Warehouse Company operated a store, and the population was fifty. By 1914 the community had a telephone connection, but population estimates remained unchanged. The post office ceased operation in 1918, and by 1920 the Ashby Company had closed its store. By 1936 the community no longer appeared on county highway maps.
Matagorda County Historical Commission, Historic Matagorda County (3 vols., Houston: Armstrong, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Stephen L. Hardin, "BEADLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb21), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.