BERRY HILL, TX
BERRY HILL, TEXAS. Berry Hill is on a country road just east of Farm Road 142 near the Ivy oilfield in the northwest corner of Shackelford County. In 1938 the Berry Hill school served thirty-nine pupils and three teachers, and in 1940, when it was identified as Bern Hill on county maps, the community had the school and scattered dwellings. Though the school had been consolidated with the Lueder school by the 1960s, the school building was still standing in 1985; the Berry Hill community was still identified on county maps in 1992.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "BERRY HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb48), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.