BEULAH, TX (JOHNSON COUNTY)
BEULAH, TEXAS (Johnson County). Beulah was on Mustang Creek eighteen miles northwest of Cleburne. Settlement of the site occurred in 1853. A post office operated there from 1882 until 1890. The population grew from thirty in 1885 to ninety-four in 1892. Area farmers raised and shipped livestock. Beulah was bypassed by the railroads and by 1910 was all but abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "BEULAH, TX (JOHNSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb56), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.