BOGUS SPRINGS, TX
BOGUS SPRINGS, TEXAS. Bogus Springs was in the Rodessa oilfield a mile east of McLeod in southeastern Cass County. The community had ten residents and one rated business in the mid-1930s and twenty residents and one business in the mid-1950s. By 1986 Bogus Springs no longer existed as a named community. In the early 1900s there was a community in Cass County named Baugus Springs, after the local Baugus family. This was probably an earlier name for the same settlement.
Atlanta (Texas) Citizens Journal, August 4, 11, 1904. Cass County Cemeteries: Texas Records (Atlanta, Texas: Cass County Genealogical Society, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "BOGUS SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb75), accessed March 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.