BOLT, TEXAS. Bolt, on lower Simpson Creek in eastern San Saba County, was named for William James Bolt, who operated a saloon and store at the site from 1854 to 1857. There James Barnet had a blacksmith shop operated by slave labor.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "BOLT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb77), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.