BRADLEY, TX (JOHNSON COUNTY)
BRADLEY, TEXAS (Johnson County). Bradley, sixteen miles northeast of Cleburne in extreme northeastern Johnson County, was established in 1855, when Jackson Bradley built a school near the banks of Mountain Creek on land that was then in Ellis County. In 1881 the county line was moved east and the school and settlement became part of Johnson County. In 1900 the local school had eighty-seven pupils and one teacher, but by 1905 it had been consolidated with nearby schools. That year Bradley was a switch on the International and Great Northern Railroad. In the 1930s and 1940s the community reported a population of twenty-five, with one business. A church and a school served area residents in 1940. The community was abandoned sometime after the 1940s.
Johnson County History Book Committee, History of Johnson County, Texas (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "BRADLEY, TX (JOHNSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb90), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.