BROWN'S CREEK, TX
BROWN'S CREEK, TEXAS. Brown's Creek, a farming and ranching community with a one-room school, was twelve miles south of Gatesville in southern Coryell County. In 1855 John M. Brown settled on the creek, which was named for him. Residents received their mail at Boaz from 1875 until 1912. The community was in decline when the area was appropriated for Camp Hood (later Fort Hoodqv) in 1942.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Sylvia Edwards, "BROWN'S CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvb96), accessed August 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.