BUENA VISTA, TX (ELLIS COUNTY)
BUENA VISTA, TEXAS (Ellis County). Buena Vista was on Farm Road 1446 six miles west of Waxahachie in western Ellis County. Its name, Spanish for "good view," derives from its hilltop location. By 1894 it had a school with eighty-six pupils. From 1915 to 1945 its school offered grades one through nine. In 1947 Buena Vista had a population of eighty, a church, and a school. The Buena Vista school was consolidated with the Waxahachie Independent School District in 1951. The town was no longer shown on county highway maps by the 1970s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "BUENA VISTA, TX (ELLIS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbad), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.