BLANCHETTE, TEXAS. Blanchette was located on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad north of Beaumont in northeastern Jefferson County. The community, one of Beaumont's first residential subdivisions, was named for wealthy Beaumont real estate man and farmer Valery Blanchette. The Blanchette stop was listed on Railroad Commission maps of Texas for 1901 and 1905, but it does not appear on subsequent versions of this publication. The site is now part of Beaumont.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "BLANCHETTE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbbh), accessed July 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.