BALDRIDGE, TEXAS. Baldridge was a railroad-station community on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe tracks sixteen miles northeast of Fort Stockton in north central Pecos County. It was named for the physical characteristics of its location. The Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railway completed track to Baldridge in 1913. The community had two rated business establishments and an estimated population of 200 in 1939. By 1945 the estimated population had declined to fifty. The town was abandoned by the 1950s.
John Leeds Kerr and Frank Donovan, Destination Topolobampo: The Kansas City, Mexico & Orient Railway (San Marino, California: Golden West, 1968). Charles P. Zlatkovich, Texas Railroads (Austin: University of Texas Bureau of Business Research, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Glenn Justice, "BALDRIDGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbbk), accessed December 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.