BLY, TEXAS. Bly was six miles north of Mount Pleasant in northern Titus County. A post office opened there in 1893, with George W. Bistline as postmaster. In 1896 the settlement had a gin, a mill, a blacksmith shop, and a population of twenty-five. Its post office was closed in 1908, and by 1936 Bly no longer existed.
Wright Patman, History of Post Offices–First Congressional District of Texas (Texarkana, Texas, 1946?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "BLY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbbz), accessed December 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.