BROADMOOR, TEXAS. Broadmoor was sixteen miles northwest of Brady in western McCulloch County. A post office operated there from 1907 to 1921. The Harris or Broadmoor school opened in 1908. In 1914 Broadmoor had two general stores, a cotton gin, and 100 residents. Its school was moved to Lohn in the early 1930s. There was no evidence of the community shown on the 1948 county highway map.
Jessie Laurie Barfoot, History of McCulloch County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "BROADMOOR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbcj), accessed May 25, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.