BROWNSBORO, TX (KENDALL COUNTY)
BROWNSBORO, TEXAS (Kendall County). Brownsboro was on the north bank of the Guadalupe River and River Bend Road, just southeast of Farm Road 473 and three miles east of Comfort in western Kendall County. The settlement, one of the county's earliest, had a public school from 1848 to 1944 and its own post office. The Nichols Ranch was about 1½ miles north of the community. The Fredericksburg and Northern Railway built through the area in 1913 and later established a flag stop at the ranch. During the 1980s the Brownsboro cemetery and a few scattered houses were all that remained of the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Melissa G. Wiedenfeld, "BROWNSBORO, TX (KENDALL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvbkv), accessed December 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.