CASEYVILLE, TEXAS. Caseyville, on the Brazos River in southern Young County, was settled about 1880, when John Wesley Casey and George Aynesworth purchased the site, upon which Casey later built a cotton gin and mill. Although the exact location of Caseyville is uncertain, it was near the Palo Pinto county line. The settlement grew up around a ferry marked "K Z" and operated by Casey. It was one of the first ferries on the Brazos and was the only means of crossing when the river was up. Several families built homes 300 yards or more from the river bank, and Casey started a general store, a gin, and a blacksmith shop. Although Casey sold his ferry to a Mr. Bellamy, its "K Z" label was not changed. L. W. Aynesworth bought the store, and other settlers moved in to develop the river country. Sketchy school records put Caseyville in county district ten and show a school from 1881 to 1884.
Carrie J. Crouch, Young County: History and Biography (Dallas: Dealey and Love, 1937; rev. ed., A History of Young County, Texas, Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1956). Young County Federation of Women's Clubs, Scrapbook of Young County (Graham, Texas?, 194-?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jeanne F. Lively, "CASEYVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc30), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.