CLARA, TX (BEE COUNTY)
CLARA, TEXAS (Bee County). Clara was on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway in southern Bee County. It was settled by E. O. Driscoll in 1857. When he donated the right-of-way to the railway in 1886, the settlement was named for his daughter. The community had a railroad switch and stock pens in 1946. Since that time most of the residents have moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "CLARA, TX (BEE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc53), accessed December 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.