COOPER CREEK, TX
COOPER CREEK, TEXAS. Cooper Creek, two miles east of Denton on a creek in Denton County, attracted settlers because of the water and the available timber. It was established about 1900 and has served as a church and school community. By 1990 Cooper Creek was in the city limits of Denton, and only the Cooper Creek Baptist Church and Cooper Creek Cemetery were left as a reminder of its past.
Edward Franklin Bates, History and Reminiscences of Denton County (Denton, Texas: McNitzky Printing, 1918; rpt., Denton: Terrill Wheeler Printing, 1976). Denton Record-Chronicle, September 25, 1960.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "COOPER CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc73), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.