CORINTH, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
CORINTH, TEXAS (Milam County). Corinth is on Farm Road 1915 some ten miles west of Cameron in western Milam County. It was settled by Czechs and Germans in 1847 and was named for the biblical city of Corinth, Greece. Corinth served as the judicial seat of Precinct Six until 1892, when the office of the justice of the peace was moved to Buckholts. The school at Corinth had two teachers and ninety-seven students in 1903. The 1941 county highway map showed a cemetery, a school, and several scattered houses at the site. The local school was consolidated with the Buckholts district in 1950. Only a cemetery marked the community's location on the 1988 county highway map.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CORINTH, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvc77), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.