CURRIE, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)
CURRIE, TEXAS (Travis County). Currie was on the Houston and Texas Central Railway five miles east of Austin in east central Travis County. A post office called Tate opened nearby in May 1887 with Isaac M. Tate as postmaster. This office was passed on to Ben N. Shropshire in February 1888, and the name was changed to Currie. It was discontinued by 1890, and mail for the community was sent to Austin.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "CURRIE, TX (TRAVIS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvcbm), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.