DELFINA, TEXAS. Delfina was on U.S. 281 thirty-six miles northeast of McAllen in northern Hidalgo County. Macedonia Vela operated a store in the community as early as 1900. By 1904 Delfina had a population of 121. In 1938 it had three houses and one business, and in 1941 the population was estimated at fifty. In 1947 the last recorded estimates for Delfina were twenty-five residents and one business. After 1948 the town did not appear on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "DELFINA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd17), accessed December 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.