DILLON, TEXAS. Dillon was four miles south of Saltillo in eastern Hopkins County. It was settled around 1900 and named for E. F. Dillon, who secured a post office in his store there in 1903. The post office was discontinued in 1906, and by the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.J. E. Jennings, "DILLON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd25), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.