DWIRE, TEXAS. Dwire was on a country road four miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. A post office opened in the community in 1904, and by 1914 Dwire had three grocery stores. The post office closed in 1920, and the community was no longer shown on county highway maps by the 1930s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "DWIRE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvd47), accessed October 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.