EARLE, TEXAS. Earle was on the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad twelve miles south of downtown San Antonio in southern Bexar County. A post office operated at the site from 1887 to 1904. In 1890 Earle had a blacksmith, a general store, a butcher, and a doctor. By the 1930s the site was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "EARLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve03), accessed August 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.