EASTMAN, TEXAS. Eastman was on the Sabine and East Texas Railroad north of Village Creek and forty-two miles north of Beaumont in northern Hardin County. The locale was named for the Eastman-Hyatt Lumber Company, which owned land and sawmill facilities there. A post office was established at the site in 1907. A lawsuit over proper land title in 1907 probably ruined the lumber company; tax rolls list the property as unrendered in 1907 and 1909. The local post office was subsequently discontinued. The site is near what is now the Village Mills community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "EASTMAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve07), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.