EVERETTSVILLE, TEXAS. Everettsville, situated around a sulfur spring near what is now Roma-Los Saenz in Starr County, was established in 1847 by one of Gen. Zachary Taylor's officers, Col. Jack Everett, as a health spa. Remoteness, bad roads, and a lack of transportation facilities crippled growth and led to the town's demise before 1900.
Randy McMillon, "Vanished Towns of the Rio Grande Valley," Junior Historian, May 1955.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Dick D. Heller, Jr., "EVERETTSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve38), accessed May 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.