EQUALITY, TEXAS. Equality was sixteen miles northwest of Marshall in northwestern Harrison County. It had a post office that served both Marion and Harrison county residents from 1882 to 1900. In 1884 Equality had a population of forty-five, two churches, a district school, and two steam gristmills and cotton gins and had become a cotton-shipping point. By 1890 it had a sawmill and a general store and by 1896 Baptist, Methodist, and Disciples of Christ churches. The community was not listed on the state highway map of 1948.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "EQUALITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hve55), accessed December 13, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.