ELIZA, TEXAS. Eliza was on the Neches River five miles northeast of Augusta in northeastern Houston County. A post office opened there in 1859, and by the early 1870s the community had several stores and a number of houses. Its post office was discontinued in 1871. By the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "ELIZA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvehe), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.