FALBA, TEXAS. Falba, a mile west of the intersection of Farm roads 2989 and 247 in extreme northwest Walker County, developed around the homestead of Christopher Columbus Edinburgh, who arrived in 1824. Edinburgh, reputed to be the first settler in what became Walker County, had fought in the battle of San Jacinto. The community once supported a church and a school, and a post office was established in 1901. In 1911 the school offered six grades. In 1914 Falba had two doctors and a community store. In 1936 the community had scattered farm dwellings, two schools (one for white and one for black children), a church, and a cemetery. In 1990 all that remained was the Falba Cemetery.
D'Anne McAdams Crews, ed., Huntsville and Walker County, Texas: A Bicentennial History (Huntsville, Texas: Sam Houston State University, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.James L. Hailey, "FALBA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf08), accessed December 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.