FRANCO, TEXAS. Franco was a railroad switch and loading station on the Weatherford, Mineral Wells and Northwestern Railway six miles northwest of Weatherford in central Parker County. The loading station was named for the Franco-Texan Land Company, which owned land in the area. In the early 1890s a small community developed there. It had a post office branch in 1892 and 1893. The community was apparently abandoned sometime in the early 1900s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "FRANCO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf40), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.