FRATT, TEXAS. Fratt was a flag station on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad six miles north of downtown San Antonio in northern Bexar County. The community was first settled by German farmers before 1900. In the mid-1930s Fratt had a general store, a church, and a station house. Its population was reported as twenty-five in 1946. The settlement declined after World War II, and by the 1960s it was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FRATT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf43), accessed June 16, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.