FUCHS, TEXAS. Fuchs, also called Fox, was a school and church community near Farm Road 1915 five miles north of Buckholts in northwestern Milam County. It was named for the Fuchs family, who moved to the area in 1898. The community school was consolidated with the Buckholts school district in 1941.
Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "FUCHS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf56), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.