FRANKLIN, TX (LIBERTY COUNTY)
FRANKLIN, TEXAS (Liberty County). Franklin was on the east side of the Trinity River sixteen miles north of Liberty in northern Liberty County. In 1845 there was a steamboat landing at Franklin and the community had a population of fifty. It was subsequently abandoned.
Miriam Partlow, Liberty, Liberty County, and the Atascosito District (Austin: Pemberton, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "FRANKLIN, TX (LIBERTY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf69), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.