FRAZIERVILLE, TEXAS. Frazierville or Frazier was on Farm Road 3267 some three miles southeast of Hillsboro in Hill County. In 1852 Richard Cason Frazier and his wife Agnes Clark Frazier received a land grant in Hill County, including what came to be known as Frazier Springs, a popular campground for Indians. Eventually settlers in the area wanted a school, and in 1883 John Frazier, Richard's son, donated two acres of land for a school and nondenominational church. When it was built it was used as a church and school and also for Sunday school and the debating society. In the 1905–06 school year the Frazier school had nineteen students and one teacher, but eventually it closed. In the 1980s members of the Frazier family still resided on the original land grant.
Claude W. Dooley, comp., Why Stop? (Odessa: Lone Star Legends, 1978; 2d ed., with Betty Dooley and the Texas Historical Commission, Houston: Lone Star, 1985). Hill County Historical Commission, A History of Hill County, Texas, 1853–1980 (Waco: Texian, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "FRAZIERVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvf84), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.