FRAZIER, TEXAS. Frazier was just north of State Highway 49 and fifteen miles northeast of Jefferson in eastern Marion County. The Frazier school had thirty-nine black pupils and one teacher in 1899. In 1938 the community had a one-room schoolhouse that accommodated forty-five black elementary school students and one teacher. The Frazier school was consolidated with those of Jefferson by 1955, and in 1967 all that remained of Frazier was two cemeteries named for the Coore family, who owned the original land grants at the site.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).