GLADSTONE, TEXAS. Gladstone, thirteen miles southwest of Huntsville in western Walker County, had a post office from 1888 to 1909. In 1890 the community comprised a corn mill, a cotton gin, a general store, and a population of twenty-five. Gladstone by 1896 had forty residents, two mills and gins, a store, and a local physician. In 1933 it reported one business and a population of 100, but by 1945 its population had dropped to fifty, and by 1949 population estimates were no longer available for the community. In the 1990s no remnants of Gladstone remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.James L. Hailey, "GLADSTONE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg24), accessed March 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.