GUDA, TEXAS. Guda was two miles north of Satin on the Old River Road and the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway in northern Falls County. A train station was established there when the railroad came through in 1889. The G. J. Guderian family came to the area in 1898 with other German settlers. The name Guda, a derivation of the family name, was given to the community's first post office, established by J. S. Guderian in 1911. At one time Guda had a cotton gin, a school, and a general store. Its post office was discontinued in 1915, and the town dwindled as transportation improvements diminished its importance. The area around Guda was excellent cotton land for many years; in the mid-1980s local farmers grew milo, corn, and wheat. With the exception of a count of seventy-five in 1929, Guda's estimated population remained steady at twenty-five from 1925 to 1968, the last year for which statistics are available. The community was not shown on the 1984 county highway map.
Marlin Daily Democrat, November 7, 1938.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Jean Warner Epperson, "GUDA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg58), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.