GUYER, TEXAS. Guyer was at the intersection of two local roads some four miles east and two miles north of what is now Elliott in northern Wilbarger County, about two miles south of the Oklahoma state line. The settlement grew up around a rural school established in 1909 and was named for Henry and Jess Guyer, who owned the school land. Guyer comprised only a school and a church but was known in the region for its annual picnics. In 1927 its school was consolidated with that of Harrold. No sign of Guyer was shown on the 1980 county highway map.
Wilbarger County Historical Commission, Wilbarger County (Lubbock, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "GUYER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvg78), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.