HAHN PRAIRIE, TEXAS
HAHN PRAIRIE, TEXAS. Hahn Prairie (Hahn) was at the junction of Farm roads 1160 and 2546, on the old Hahn ranch sixteen miles northwest of Wharton in northwestern Wharton County. A post office operated there from 1897 until 1929. The local school had thirty-two pupils and one teacher in 1905. The population in 1910 was fifty. One store and a population of twenty were reported in 1933, but before 1950 the community center was abandoned. In 1989, when state highway maps called the site Hahn Prairie, only the school, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings remained to mark the townsite.
J. O. Graham, The Book of Wharton County, Texas (Wharton?: Philip Rich, 1926). Annie Lee Williams, A History of Wharton County (Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "HAHN PRAIRIE, TEXAS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh04), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.