HALE, TEXAS. Hale was on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway at the site of the present intersection of Illinois Avenue and Westmoreland Road in Oak Cliff, Dallas County. The community was on the original land grant of W. J. Walker. The Dallas, Cleburne and Rio Grande Railway was built through Hale in 1880. The community had a post office from 1886 to 1889 and became known as Hale Station. A townsite was laid out but did not develop.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "HALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh06), accessed July 11, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.