HAMILTON POOL, TX
HAMILTON POOL, TEXAS. Hamilton Pool was on Hamilton Creek and Farm Road 3238, twenty-four miles west of Austin in the extreme western corner of Travis County. It was named for a natural pool and fifty-foot waterfall in a cave on Hamilton Creek. The first school at Hamilton Pool opened in 1886. A post office was established there in 1906 with Lucy E. Read as postmaster. The office was discontinued in 1922, and mail for the community was sent to Dripping Springs in Hays County. The Hamilton Pool common school district was consolidated with the Dripping Springs Independent School District in the 1940s. A few scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. No evidence of the town was shown on the 1989 county highway map.
Card Files, Division of State Funding, Texas Education Agency, Austin. John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HAMILTON POOL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh10), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.