HANSON, TEXAS. Hanson is on the Southern Pacific line and U.S. Highway 84, three miles west of Joaquin in northeastern Shelby County. It was founded about 1905 and named for a local family. At one time it was a switch station on the railroad. In 1946 Hanson had a store and a few residences. Although the name was not labeled, the 1988 county highway map showed two businesses at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.D. R. Taylor, "HANSON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh17), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.