HARMONY, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
HARMONY, TEXAS (Milam County). Harmony, also known as Harmony Church, is just east of Farm Road 908 four miles southeast of Rockdale in southern Milam County. Children in the area attended school at New Salem until the New Salem district was consolidated with the Rockdale Independent School District in 1954. Only a cemetery and a few scattered houses marked the Harmony community on county maps in the 1960s.
Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HARMONY, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh22), accessed January 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.