HAYNIE CHAPEL, TX
HAYNIE CHAPEL, TEXAS. Haynie Chapel, in southeastern Travis County, originated about 1839, when Samuel G. Haynie moved to the area, and John Haynie established a Methodist church. The school at Haynie Chapel, which began about 1860, was combined with the Devotion and Garfield common school districts in 1904. Mail for the community was received through Garfield until about 1910 and after that from Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "HAYNIE CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh37), accessed September 15, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.