HENNING, TEXAS. Henning, a farming community southeast of Garrison in northeastern Nacogdoches County, developed after 1900 around a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. During the 1930s Henning had a depot and a number of houses, and several stores and a gin were in the area. The community's population was twenty-five around 1940. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HENNING, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh47), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.