HENRY, TEXAS. Henry, three miles east of Red Oak in northern Ellis County, developed in the late 1880s; it served as a community center for area farmers. Its post office opened in 1896 and closed in 1903. The community was not named on the 1936 county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "HENRY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh48), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.