HERRERA, TEXAS. Herrera was a school community on the Guadalupe Herrera survey near Cibolo Creek seventeen miles west of New Braunfels in western Comal County. The community, which formed in the 1870s, served area farmers and ranchers. The Herrera school opened in 1888. In 1945 it was consolidated with the Bulverde school district, and no community center remained.
Oscar Haas, History of New Braunfels and Comal County, Texas, 1844–1946 (Austin: Steck, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Oscar Haas, "HERRERA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh53), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.