HICKORY GROVE, TX (MILAM COUNTY)
HICKORY GROVE, TEXAS (Milam County). Hickory Grove, three miles west of Rockdale and just off U.S. Highway 79 in southwestern Milam County, was settled by German immigrants. A Red Cross auxiliary unit was located there in 1917–18. The 1948 county highway map showed a few scattered houses and a cemetery in the area; a 1988 map showed only the cemetery at the site.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HICKORY GROVE, TX (MILAM COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvh61), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.