HUMBLE CAMP, TX
HUMBLE CAMP, TEXAS. Humble Camp, just north of Kingsville in Kleberg County, was established on the King Ranch by the Humble Oil and Refining Company (see EXXON COMPANY, U.S.A.) in the early 1940s to provide housing for Humble employees. These company houses were torn down several years later, and no Humble oil camps existed at the site by 1955.
100 Years of Ranching: King Ranch (Corpus Christi Caller-Times, 1953). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HUMBLE CAMP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hvham), accessed July 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.